Еach was confronted with the problem of dirty carpets. And here it is the question whether we can cope alone with cleaning or better to turn to professionals.
Cleaning the carpet at home is something that manufacturers do not tolerate because may arise various problems resulting from incorrect procedure. But the truth is that 42% of people prefer to clean their carpets alone.
If you do not know how to properly clean the carpet, this can lead to various problems. Therefore, it is best to follow the cleaning instructions not to appear mold or mildew.
If you wash in wrong way the carpet manufacturer’s warranty may be waived. The two main errors that can be faced are waterlogging and excessive use of detergents.
There are several methods to clean the carpet.
- The most commonly used by the hosts is that with hot water. On the market are many cleaning machines with steam. The results are good, however, vary depending on the procedure used and the degree of soiling of the carpet.
- Best results are achieved by the use of detergents with high quality. They are applied directly to the carpet by means of special nozzles, left for 5-7 minutes, and then clean.
- One of the oldest tricks for cleaning the carpet is the snow. When it’s cold outside and everything is covered with a thick fluffy snow, this is the best time to wash the carpet. The carpet is placed with the facing side in thick snow and then brush gently. The effect is more than unique.
- If you do not want to go out in the cold, you can try with soapy water. Dissolve a little soap or detergent in water and using a sponge clean the carpet. To become even more vivid the patterns on the carpet soak the sponge with ethyl alcohol.
- The carpet can be cleaned perfectly with baking soda. It is a neutral and soft abrasive and has the ability to clean all types of surfaces, without scratching them. This is perhaps the easiest way to clean the carpet because it does not require any physical activity. Simply sprinkle baking soda evenly over the surface of the carpet and leave it to act for a night or day. Then carefully removed with a vacuum cleaner. For better odor, add a few drops of essential oil.
- Among alternative cleaners for carpet spot located and vinegar. 50:50 solution of lukewarm water and vinegar in combination with a little baking soda to clean perfectly.
Cleaning the carpet at home sometimes is a good idea, but if you have a beautiful expensive carpet I recommend to call a cleaning company. Depending in which region you live simply type for example in internet “Carpet cleaning Sevenoaks” and you will find many results match to your needs.